Our company relies on the transportation department to service more than 450 retail and wholesale
customers every week. In that time we travel more than 200,000 miles across an eight-state Midwest
- Our fleet includes 114 power units which include day cabs and sleeper cabs.
- We have 195 up to date air ride refrigerated trailers that offer multiple temperature
capabilities. This multiple refrigeration option allows us to haul fresh, frozen and dry
products all on one trailer without compromising the integrity of the products.
- Our equipment is serviced on site in our first-class maintenance facility to avoid any
possible interruptions in delivery.
- We were recognized in 2010 by Iowa Motor Truck Association (IMTA) for having one of
the premier maintenance facilities in Iowa.
- Our transportation department includes 144 drivers and 35 administrative and operational support staff.
- Our drivers deliver more than 15 million pounds of perishable products every week.
- The PDI fleet has been recognized multiple times for their safety record. We have received the
Great West Safety Award, in the private fleet one million to 5 million mile category, Seven times
- The PDI fleet won the 2016 Grand Trophy Fleet Safety Award.
"Two things differentiate PDI from the rest. First, our drivers are the best in the business.
They operate safely and professionally every day they are on the road. Secondly, our commitment
to provide the best customer service in the business drives us to continuous improvement."
Sr. Vice President of Transportation