PDI's warehouse offers quality storage that maintains the integrity of all products inside,
and service that is unequaled in the industry.
- Located in Ankeny, Iowa, our warehouse offers 350,000 square feet of space. Our refrigerated
and frozen spaces fill 299,000 square feet; our dry space fills 51,000 square feet.
- To help guarantee the safety of our products we have state-of-the-art temperature monitoring
systems in place throughout our facility.
- Our warehouse operates in three shifts, seven days a week allowing us to offer next day service.
- Orders are selected and shipped with 99.9% accuracy thanks to our Vocollect voice-activated
system. This voice technology tool directs warehouse employees to specific products and informs them
of the quantity they need to include in an order. Our order selection process is stream-lined with
this system and our productivity is impressive.
- Radio Frequency scanning for receiving, loading, and forklift applications allows us to track our
product throughout the life cycle from receiving to shipping.
- PDI has a USDC Inspector on our site five days a week to help us maintain quality standards for our
seafood storage. The seafood products we receive from all over the world are inspected and verified
before they are shipped to the customer.
Our warehouse team
Our warehouse is a 24-hour running operation that takes over 280 employees working in three shifts to
maintain. PDI employees are experts in maintaining product integrity and work hard to guarantee
accuracy in the orders they prepare for shipment and efficiency in the orders they receive.
"We have quality employees and cutting edge technology that maintain the integrity of the products
inside our warehouse, and keep every person and every food item safe. We educate our employees
throughout their career on safety procedures, proper handling techniques, and offer detailed
training and mentoring sessions. This process ensures our employees are confident
and able to serve our customers, and experience personal success. We are always looking for high-caliber
associates to join our operation. If that sounds like you, please apply today."
Sr. Vice President Warehousing